Aix-en-Provence, Avignon, and Marseille

Bonjour!

For the first week of my five week study abroad, I spent time in southern France with around twenty other Dance, Film, and French majors. We lived in Aix-en-Provence, a quaint little city with markets and gelato places on every corner. I have started my classwork, so I just wanted to update the blog with a few photos from each location I visited in the last week.

  • Aix-en-Provence

It has been incredibly hot in France, and I loved when the sun would set (even though it is still light out at 10pm). The sky here is gorgeous and deep blue, and I love the colored buildings. On the far right is a un petit chateau, where lovers would meet in horse and carriages.
          


  • Avignon and Pont du Gard
We took a day trip to Avignon to visit the Palais des Papes from the split papacy when seven popes resided in France. Then, we swam in the river under the Pont du Gard, and I absolutely loved the cold water after so many days of travel and bus rides.

      


  •  Marseille
After a day of classes, we took another day trip to the Mediterranean coast and explored the second biggest city in France. The day was hot but the views were beautiful. 


      

  • Cassis
For our free Saturday, a few other dancers and I tried to reach the Mediterranean coast town of Cassis. After missing our bus (even though we chased it for two miles), we took two buses and a train to reach the Mediterranean Sea. The beach was rocky and the water was freezing, but the salty sea helped us float and soothe our travel woes.


I just unlocked my apartment in Paris. It is beautiful and small, and there will be more updates to come in the following weeks. For now, here is one last photo of me in Marseille, absolutely overjoyed.

Au revoir,
Gillian

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE