The Infinite Moment of Us


It is said to never judge a book by its cover, but I most definitely chose to read this book because I was enamored with the cover.

After spontaneously dropping into Barnes&Noble before Sunday Mass a few weeks ago, I picked up this book, read the back cover, and was instantly hooked. The Infinite Moment of Us by Lauren Myracle seemed to call my name. If I was not already convinced, the recommendation by David Levithan (author of Every Day, a book I read and loved last year) fully proved that I needed to buy this book.

The basic premise of this love story rests on two second semester seniors who realize their feelings for each other after graduation. At a time when everything seems to be ending, Wren and Charlie find their relationship to be a much-needed new beginning. 

This book was frankly candid; Myracle did not sugar coat the struggles of relationships, and she provided an honest account of two seniors falling in love. However, the novel had an unbelievably perfect ending, and it was too perfect to be real. It did not coincide with the reality of the rest of the novel.

Ultimately, the takeaway from this book is simple: do not avoid new experiences simply because a part of your life appears to be coming to a close. Senior year is flying by, and I see some of my classmates surrendering to the "end". Yes, a lot of the events second semester are "last time" events, but so many more open the doors to more firsts. I refuse to drop into senioritis, missing opportunities for new beginnings as I approach the end of high school.

Anything is possible. As Audrey Hepburn once said, "Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible!"

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE