Energy Bites

I read whenever I have a spare minute, so that often means I read as I snack before rehearsal! I am going to start a "Snacks" section of this blog. It probably will not be updated often, but I have some great recipes that are perfectly paired with books. I have to share them!

Here is a recipe for a protein-filled snack that satisfies my sweet tooth!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use a mix of mini and dark)
  • 1/2 cup ground flax seed
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl with a small metal spoon. Roll into 24 balls and freeze for 1 hour. Keep refrigerated or frozen. Let thaw for a few minutes before eating.

The chocolate chips can be replaced with nuts, craisins, raisins, or any other goodies you would like to add in! Enjoy!

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE