Sister From Another Mister

Gratitude Challenge - Week 20 - A Friend 2

This girl. Nobody understands me like she does.

The funniest part of our story starts in our freshmen year. We had Honors English together (nerd status alert), so I knew of her, but I thought she was so popular, way beyond my invisible status. When I came to school on my birthday, everybody was wishing her a happy birthday instead. How dare she have my same birthday! I was furious, out of my own selfish nature. Now, I look back and laugh.

Flash forward four years, and Bri and I are the best of friends. We love to laugh together, cry together, and argue together. And, we have even celebrated our birthdays together; I definitely got over my freshman jealousy. A day would not be complete without talking to her. Her smiling face and uncontrollable giggle light up even the darkest of days.

Bri is wise beyond her years. I love her outlook on life, and I can always count on her advice when I need it. She never fails to listen to my complaints about my life, though I know she has hidden problems too. Bri has endured countless struggles, many I do not even know about, yet she still works to make everyone else happy first. Though she is wise, Bri also knows how to have fun. I cannot even think of all the times we have almost suffocated due to our asphyxiating laughter.

I thank God for Bri every single day. She is a blessing in my life. Whether I am freaking out about school, asking for boy advice, or venting about any other topic, Bri will always be there for me.

And, as an added bonus, she makes the best chocolate chip cookies in the world.

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE