Contagious Laughter

Gratitude Challenge - Week 12 - Your Favorite Personality Trait

The ability to laugh is by far the most attractive personality trait. At least in my opinion. Life is short and hard, so if you cannot laugh things off, you may as well cry. And I detest the fake giggly little girl laughs. I am talking about the whole-hearted, full-belly chuckle.

My laugh is super unattractive. It sounds different nearly every time it leaves my mouth. Even though I have been stuck with my laugh my whole life, I never know what to expect. Sometimes, it sounds relatively normal, but more often, it is some version of a squeal or shriek or other strange noise. Just the same, I definitely get other people to laugh. My friends can always depend on me to make a fool of myself and then nearly die laughing.

I definitely choose my friends according to who laughs the most. The above picture is from my sixteenth birthday party a few years ago. My friends were singing a horribly off-key rendition of "Happy Birthday", and we were laughing hysterically. Life just is not complete without these moments.

If I cannot laugh around someone, I cannot be friends with them. It is crucial. Every day, my friends and I make corny jokes and stupid comments that leave me breathless with laughter. I would not trade my strange laugh or sense of humor for the world. It most certainly keeps me going when I think I cannot continue.

“There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor” ~ Charles DickensA Christmas Carol

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE