Finding Humility in Vanity

Gratitude Challenge - Week 10 - List 5 Things You Like About You

From my senior photoshoot by JaneenJoyPhotography
Thanking God for my own qualities is no easy task. In a society that constantly tells teenage girls to be confident, yet humble, I rarely know whether to rejoice in my good qualities or downplay them. But today, I rejoice.

1. My eyes
Appearance wise, I love my eyes. They are blue, but occasionally look green depending on what I wear. I stand out among my Irish family with their green and brown eyes. Even though they are barely functional at times (I have very poor eyesight), they still shine in photos and earn compliments. I am so proud of how far my eyes have come, as cheesy as it sounds. I am thankful for my blue eyes.

2. My work ethic
I am thankful that I am determine to fight for what I believe in and to do whatever it takes to pursue what I love. It is hard to find motivation, but I am blessed to have an internal sense of urgency that makes me get things done.

3. My artistic talents
Between singing, dancing, playing the violin, and writing, my life revolves around art. I love every minute of it. Pursuing the arts can occasionally be exhausting and discouraging, but I am determined persevere because this is what I love to do. I cannot imagine living a life without these artistic influences. 

4. My ability to laugh at myself
I have about 7 different laughs, and then every once in a while, a new one pops up. Laughing is such a relief. I laugh at myself all the time because I would cry otherwise. This quality saves me almost every day.

5. My loyalty
I am a fiercely loyal friend. It takes me a while to warm up to people, but the minute I consider a person a friend, I will defend them with my life. I have a small group of friends, but we stand by each other through thick and thin.

"I want to be so full of art I have nothing else to do but share it" ~ my soul

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE