LA Skies


I am back in Los Angeles after a lovely break. It rained nearly all week, which I always love, but we have also had quite a few clear evenings. I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful place, and I am trying to not bury my face in my textbooks so much that I forget to look up and see the sky.

The top sunset photo is from my bedroom window. I can see across half of campus, from my building to the library palm trees and the chapel bell tower. After it rains, LA always has beautiful clear skies, and I absolutely loved this one.

     

At the end of our winter training, the Student Housing Office took the RAs (all 96 of us) on a cruise in the Marina. Training tends to be really exhausting for me because I am not extroverted, so I was reluctant to enjoy a boat where I would be quarantined with people I had seen for nearly 48 hours straight. 

It ended up being serene. While some RAs danced in the boat, I stood at the helm for nearly three hours, and I captured these beautiful photos of the marina. I also got to talk to quite a few people who came to visit me while trying to escape the social atmosphere inside the boat. 

I just survived my first week of my sixth semester, and I am thrilled to announce I have no 8am classes. I have slept more in the past week than perhaps all last semester, and it is so nice to be awake in class. 

Hopefully, I'll have a chance to get to the beach this weekend, and I am happy for the extra day off and these clear skies.


Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE