Au Revoir Paris


It's been a week since I said goodbye to Paris, and I did not have time to update last week as I was on a flight back home, so here are a few photos and spots from my last week.

Notre Dame

I finally made a trip to the famous cathedral on Monday afternoon, beating the crowds for a visit inside. The church is absolutely stunning, and so large I could barely see the ceiling. Strangely, the inside design reminded me of Sacred Heart Chapel at my university, which is designed with high arches and long stained glass windows.


Les Galeries Lafayette

On our last day of French class, my professor took us through the upscale mall to see a secret rooftop view, unknown to tourists. The glittery, glitzy shopping center was air conditioned, which was a welcome relief amidst the summer heat. And the view, it was one of my favorites in my trip. I could see the Palais Garnier and downtown Paris, as well as the Eiffel Tower in the distance.


We also had a backstage tour of Palais Garnier, which I had previously visited, but this time I was able to go in the auditorium and snap a photo of the beautiful Chagall ceiling.


That night, we performed our choreography and work at a studio in northern Paris. The heat broke into a thunderstorm, and the rain gave my dance cohort energy to finish the trip strong.


The Catacombs

After waiting four hours to see a sign that read "Stop! Here is the empire of the dead," it's safe to say I was a little freaked out. The Catacombs were absolutely fascinating and far spookier than I expected. I enjoyed the mile-long walk underneath Paris because I got in for free, but I would not recommend if you are claustrophobic or easily scared.


The Picasso Museum

As a reward for enduring the Catacombs, I went to the Picasso museum. Hidden in the artsy 4th arrondissement, the museum is less crowded and more manageable than the larger Parisian museums. I particularly loved seeing some of his sketches, as well as his abstract rendition of Sacre Couer, the basilica I visited a week prior.



After one last sunset on my street, I packed my bags and spent 24 hours travelling home. And now, just one week later, I packed up all my things to head off to RA training in Los Angeles. I am so thankful for my summer of travel, and I am happy to be speaking English again.

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE