More Oxygen Please




I have had a beautiful February, but so busy. I performed in two shows, and I am looking forward to another next weekend. My choreographer gave me an orchid as a gift on opening night, and I took the opportunity to take a photo with this poetry book by Oscar Wilde.

Then, I went out and bought two succulents. Of course, I had to name them, and I chose the names of my two favorite female music artists. The green plant is Halsey, and the purple, Mandy. They sit on my window and bask in the sun, making me smile every time I see them peek out of the pot.

February 15th was RA appreciation day, and the Student Housing Organization (SHO) and my boss recognized each of us with little plants. I went from no plants to four in the month of February, and I'd like to think they are giving me a little more oxygen.

This week was so lovely. I had hours of dance rehearsals, but each one went by in the blink of an eye, reminding me how much I do love to dance. One of my essays from last semester was accepted into a journal on campus for critical work, and I am applying to a conference for dance journalism this summer. Also, I was rehired to be an RA, and I am excited to continue my work next year.

On a larger scale, I have a lot more room to breathe this semester. I am taking classes that are pushing me outside of my comfort zone, and I am working toward personal well being as an RA, a student, an artist, but also as a human. 

My friends, on and off campus, have been so supportive recently, and my family came to visit me for a weekend. I am looking forward to spring break, which I will spend in Seattle and LA, and I just feel light, for the first time in a while. 

Maybe it's the plants.

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE