Cotton Candy Skies and Teal Hair


It's been a good week.

The weather has been positively gorgeous, with opal sunsets and breezy days. After October's heat wave, the "cold" 60 degree temperatures allow me to drink tea and write poetry for class wrapped in blankets. My little room is so cozy at night, and the drop in temperatures lets me sleep without waking up all night.

Last Friday, I went to a Halsey concert. I have followed Halsey since she opened for Imagine Dragons almost three years ago, and this is the third time I have seen her in concert. The night was invigorating, and the Forum held nearly 17,000 fans. Live music makes me fall in love with my favorite artists all over again.


Seeing Halsey again inaugurated a bit of my inner punk, and I bought teal hair dye after the concert at CVS. (Don't worry, it's temporary!) I chickened out last weekend, but this Friday, my roommate from last year helped me dye the ends of my hair. It was terrifying, honestly, but I love how it turned out. I can only be a twenty year old punk for a little bit of my life. 

Yesterday, I was productive enough to go to the gym which gave me energy to start one of my final papers. My reward for getting my work done was a trip to Trader Joe's for some fruit and yogurt. At approximately 8pm, I decided to go to Charity Ball, an on campus dance open to all grades and organizations where the funds go to homeless and domestic violence shelters around Los Angeles. 

All in all, I am so happy to be dancing every day, eating Los Angeles food, sleeping in cool weather, and celebrating my alternative music vibes through teal hair and music under cotton candy skies.

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE