Weekend Adventures

 Sometimes, you just need to celebrate, even if for no reason in particular. After a long week and our first few tests, my friends and I decided to celebrate the weekend a bit with some simple adventures. As always, I found new things to do in LA!

On Friday night, we ordered Domino's for dinner (one vegetable pizza, one with just pineapples). I do not know why I never ate Domino's growing up, but I have learned in a little over a year that it is the best. At least the best of the cheap. They take LION dollars right from our meal plan and deliver to your building. It really does not get any better than this. We attempted to do homework while eating, but not much was accomplished. Afterward, we bought ice cream, made microwave popcorn, and hijacked an abandoned classroom to watch Spirited Away.

On Saturday, I dragged my friend out of bed at 8am to go rock climbing at Hangar 18. I learned how to belay, which I am good at, and learned that I have no upper body strength to climb vertical walls, which I am very bad at, but it was a nice diversion all the while. We stopped at L&L's Hawaiian BBQ for lunch, where I highly recommend their salmon patty and macaroni salad, and then popped into Honey Boba. I had an earl grey boba, the first of its kind, and it was positively delicious. On our way home, we pretended to be adults for 30 minutes in Ralph's to buy healthy food before returning to campus nearly six hours later. I spent the whole morning without thinking about school or my RA job once, and it was a much-needed relief.

Last night, we found an empty lecture hall to watch Whispers of the Heart when the rest of college students were at football games. After the movie finished, we danced to our favorite songs before retiring to do homework, or at least try.

I have been so busy in the past few weeks that doing things for fun for a whole 24 hours provided a sense of relief and renewal I could never expect. Plus, I explored a little more of LA, watched some movies, ate good food with friends, and tried a new workout. (Post-climbing confession: my arms are noodles as I type this.) I am so thankful for friends that make me relax and keep me healthy.


Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE