Creating Polyliteramore

Gratitude Challenge - Week 37 - Something You Created
The Edge
What began as an innocent attempt at a senior project has turned into a hobby I love to cultivate. Originally, I was wary of the blogging medium, for I am dedicated to books, paper, and all things tangible. 

Last June, I blogged for Movemeant, a company dedicated to improving women's health and body image. Inspired by this medium, I realized I could create my own blog to channel my thoughts, desires, and opinions about the world. 

Through blogging, I have learned three important things - simple as well as deeper truths about both myself and the world.

1. The Internet can be a force of good when used well. Yes, there are trolls and hackers, but there are also a lot of good people. Through my blog and bookstagram, I have connected with a whole new world of book lovers and genuine people who want to share what they love. This makes me smile; I love to share what I love with the world and to connect with others who do so.

2. I love to write more than I thought. My mom used to require me to write in a journal every day because I could not stand writing. I thought it was time-consuming and frustrating; to this day, I still love to read other people's writing more than I love to write myself. However, I find satisfaction in pairing words together and manipulating the structure of sentences. In other words, I fully commit to my inner English nerd.

3. I have very little technological ability. Even doing something as simple as changing the font on this blog requires multiple YouTube tutorials and web pages. I am proud of the basic design work I have done on this blog. Minor changes may occur in the future, but do not expect anything drastic due to my aforementioned technological capabilities.

As far as continuing my blog, I will absolutely keep writing! I hope to grow my blog in college and see where it takes me. Currently, I have a few goals for my blog to keep me moving toward a greater audience and experience. I want to join a blogging network in college to try to further connect with other collegiate bloggers and book bloggers. In addition, I want to expand the content I write about to support my gratitude challenge, books, snacks, and new travel section, while focusing my content so that it does not become too random.

This post is both a celebration and a continuation because Polyliteramore reached 3,000 pageviews yesterday. Thank you to all of my readers, especially my family and friends. This milemark gives me the inspiration to continue writing. I am so proud of how far this blog has come and how far it has yet to go.

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE