A Positive Forecast

Gratitude Challenge - Week 18 - The Weather
Sunrise from my bedroom window

The weather in Colorado is unpredictable. It will be 70 degrees and sunny one day, and then it will snow a foot the next. Even so, 300 days of sunshine a year are nothing to complain about.

I grew up in Portland, Oregon, so rain has always been my favorite weather. When I tell people where I am from, I am often asked if rain causes depression. For me, it is quite the opposite. Rain makes me euphorically happy. It is the perfect book-reading, tea-drinking, and sweater-wearing weather.

When I moved to Colorado, I experienced my first real snow storm. Although snow is not my favorite weather, I love the peaceful winter wonderland that comes in the early morning after a snowfall. The sparkling white layer blankets the world and seems to soften any harshness.

We had a particularly long summer this year, and the past few weeks have held the first cold days. I am so thankful for Colorado's weather. Though I miss the rain, the blue skies, gorgeous sunsets, and ever-changing mountains certainly fill the hole in my heart.

I do not know where I will attend college next year, but I plan to go out-of-state. I am certain I will miss waking up to the Rocky Mountains my bedroom window faces. And, since I am directionally challenged, I will have to find a new way to judge East from West.

But, for now, I relish in the mountains and in the snow.

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE