20 Facts About Me

I believe that self-discovery is an important endeavor, so here is my list of facts about me. Compiling these random tidbits made me more self-aware about how I identify myself and what I use to define who I am. So here goes:

1. I am a nerdy, teenage girl with an unending desire for adventure.
2. One of my best friends and I created the word polyliteramore to describe the feeling one receives from loving multiple books and reading them at the same time.
3. I am Catholic, but I am open to all religions and beliefs.
4. I am a senior in high school this year, and this blog is my push to write more as part of a continued self-investigation and a senior project.
5. I am a dancer. Since I was three years old, I have practiced various types, including ballet, modern, jazz, and contemporary. I hope to major in dance in college, much to the dismay of my relatives' history of Notre Dame graduates.
6. I have played the violin since I was six years old because my neighbor was the principal violinist in a symphony. He inspired me to always pursue my love of music and the arts.
7. I love to sing. My greatest performances occur while I am in the shower, but choral singing is my favorite, and I participate in school and church choir. In February 2015, I was a part of All State Choir, one of the greatest experiences in my life.
8. I try to get outdoors as much as possible, and I enjoying hiking, running, biking, and swimming. I camp occasionally, but I have a negative relationship with mosquitoes, so that often puts a damper on my outdoor adventures.
9. I love the English language. In my own way, I find beauty in the pairing of words, the syntax and diction of authors.
10. I aspire to be bilingual, hopefully. I speak conversational Spanish, but it is a continuous struggle. Hablo un poco de espaƱol. Por favor hable mas despacio.
11. There is no subject in school that I dislike. Yes, I know this further christens me a nerd, but I truly love to learn, and school satisfies this desire. Don't get me wrong, though. I dislike homework as much as the rest of the teenage population. As one of my teachers says, "Don't let school get in the way of your education."
12. I have performed in two musicals, but I left my musical theatre career for one in dance. Though I love to sing, dancing onstage is my calling.
13. I'm an old lady at heart. I often joke that I should have lived in the early 1900s. I love the classiness of the 20s, the resourceful 30s, and the triumph of the 40s.
14. I am talkative, but I am an introvert. My incessant babbling often distracts from the fact that I am actually very shy. And when I am sad, angry, or hurt, I prefer to be alone. The solace of thoughts often soothes more than the company of others.
15. I am an avid reader, but this is a book-based blog, so that should be pretty obvious. But I read more than I breathe, which is probably unhealthy.
16. I am definitely type A, and I worry a lot. Things need to be in their place for me to relax. But I am working on going with the flow more because I have a lot of spontaneous friends, and they will not hesitate to leave my plans in the dust.
17. I love unique words. Again with the English nerd status.
18. I am looking forward to college. As I mentioned earlier, I hope to major in dance. At the request of my parents (who wholeheartedly support my dance career), I am going to double major in dance and English. This blog will support my pledge to write more as I pursue my love of this language.
19. Even though college is just around the corner, I want to savor my senior year more than anything. It is my last year to be a kid. I want to hang out with friends, throw a birthday party, do sidewalk chalk, watch cartoons, read picture books - basically relish in the nostalgia of childhood.
20. I love life; it is the best and greatest gift from God. I want to live life abundantly to give Him thanks.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly" (John 10:10).

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE