In Search of the Perfect Chai

I am not a coffee drinker, so when I need to satisfy my caffeine fix, I turn to tea. Chai is my absolute favorite tea, and I am always on the lookout for the coveted chai tea latte. I made it my mission to try every possible chai on campus, and here is my definitive ranking of the best chai tea for any occasion.

 Best Chai Tea Latte - Starbucks
As much as I wish there was a hip little coffee shop on campus that could topple the coffee giant that is Starbucks, nothing beats their chai latte. It balances sweet and spice and is always creamy - my favorite pick-me-up before spending hours in the library.

What I Order:
Nonfat Chai Tea Latte

Also try: 
Oprah's Cinnamon Chai
Pumpkin Chai

❥ Runner Up - Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Cart
Slightly sweeter, I enjoyed a chai on the go while running to an English lecture. Not only did it keep me awake, its sweet and rich flavor pleasantly surprised me.

❥ Best Iced Chai
A signature of our student run coffee shop, the Lion's Den, the chai freeze is a blended iced chai. Although I do not like the consistency of their hot chai lattes, the freeze version is delicious, perfect for a hot day.

What I Order:
Nonfat Chai Freeze

Also try: 
Add pumpkin syrup and/or whipped cream

❥ Best Value
Some days, spending upwards of $4 on a chai is just too much money for a college student. On these days, I go to the cafeteria and make my own chai for just over $2. I like to experiment with different tea bags and flavors.

How to make it:
Using 1 chai tea bag, fill a cup 3/4 with hot water, and top off with skim milk.

Also try:
Add pumpkin syrup or honey to sweeten
Try other types of milk

❥ Best Unconventional Chai
The Green Mountain Coffee Cart makes boba teas, which is milk, tea, and large tapioca balls. This is my favorite treat because it is both a snack and a drink! Personally, I prefer the blended boba drinks because I do not feel like I am paying for a cup full of ice.

What I Order:
Blended Chai Tea Boba

Also try:
Iced Chai Tea Boba

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE