Room with a View

Since my recent downsize to a 154 square foot dorm room, I have spent far more time outside. My room is cozy, but it is best suited to sleeping, and sleeping only. After studying in my room for hours, I find myself missing the Rocky Mountain view I have in my room at my Colorado home even more than usual.

As an escape from my weekend homework, I went in search for rooms with views on campus. Here are a few favorites I have found in the first three weeks.

The view from the Pacific Ocean all the way to downtown Los Angeles and the mountains in the north takes my breath away every day. I try to walk along the Bluff as much as possible to see its changing faces. From sunsets to haze to clear days, the striking beauty always makes me appreciate this unique city I now call home.
The Bluff LMU

Outside my dorm window, the view is beautiful, but I cannot appreciate it from inside my protective metal screens. Often, I like to go study at a picnic table outside, enjoying the shade of the buildings and the cool breeze. Sometimes we sit around the fountain (which does not function due to the drought) and eat, enjoying the California sun.
Doheny Fountain

On Saturday, I booked a study room in the library with this view of Los Angeles. The scene motivated me to continue working, and when I did need a break, the activity below was mesmerizing.LMU Library View

In my search for views on campus, I realized that these views exist just beyond my door. From the fountain to the library, I am never trapped in 154 square feet. What a blessing that is.
LMU Library

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE