Social Media for Book Lovers

Gratitude Challenge - Week 46 - Technology
Social Media for Book Lovers
Nothing can ever beat the feeling of a worn book in my hands. I still refuse to use an e-reader, and I do not have a Facebook. A few years ago, I believed social media would be the downfall of book lovers, and I feared the repercussions of the growing digital world. However, a new online community of book lovers has developed, and I have finally dipped my toes into this pool of digital book wealth! This post is devoted to my use of apps to further my love of books.

1. Goodreads
This is the ultimate app and website for book lovers. Essentially, you can sort your books into virtual bookshelves marking the books you have read, want to read, and are currently reading. Additionally, you can find book quotes, participate in virtual book clubs, and join a reading challenge. My book goal for 2016 is 50 books, and I am currently reading my 33rd!

2. Bookstagram
Bookstagram is the slang word for the book community on Instagram. My bookstagram features pictures of my current reads, as well as socks, tea, and polka dots. I love to see what other people are reading around the world through the reading trends and hashtags.
3. Booklr
Like Bookstagram, Booklr is the book-themed side of Tumblr. Out of all social media, Tumblr is probably my favorite because the focus is sharing information with people, rather than accumulating likes and followers. I especially love the book quotes shared throughout Booklr, and there is always an abundance of pictures of books and coffee.

4. Wattpad
I use Wattpad to read free books written by teenagers and young adults. The downside of this app is that you have to sift through a lot of mediocre books to find the good ones, but once you find a few talented authors, you always have new books to read. I used to try to write books, but I would much rather funnel my time and energy into blogging and leave the fiction to those with the patience and talent.
5. Pinterest
On Pinterest, I share all of my blogs and bookstagram photos, and I find new inspiration for blog ideas. My favorite pins are the book infographics that give book recommendations based on previous reads.

Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE