Golden Hour


I have been thoroughly enjoying life in an apartment. My tiny shoebox RA room from the last two years was certainly a respite during hard times, but I absolutely love having a full-sized couch and a kitchen.

If that wasn't enough, my apartment is located on the Bluff, overlooking Marina del Rey and the ocean. Because it is on the first floor, the rooms stay cool, even though it has been in the 80s so much it still feels like summer.

I have been discouraged and tired lately. People don't change when I want them to (what a surprise, I know), and old habits return in the fall when work picks up. Sometimes, I just go outside and sit on the Bluff to take deep breaths.

Even though this is my fourth year living on campus, my newfound close proximity to the gorgeous view has been a meditative way to live these busy days. I am trying to soak it all in before I inevitably return to shoebox living post graduation. 

More often than not, I walk home the long way along the edge of the Bluff, stopping to take sunset photos during the window of golden hour, that dusky time just before the sun disappears. My fascination with sunsets never fades, and I am thankful for this opportunity to see the sky from a different perspective.



Comments

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE